Director of Children's MinistryFull Time Job Opening
To oversee the children’s ministry (birth through 5th grade) of Forest Baptist Church with special emphasis on shepherding children and equipping families for lifelong faith in and obedience to Christ.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will be a full-time position responsible to the church under the direct supervision of the Associate Pastor to oversee the Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade) program at FBC.
This includes administering, developing, and implementing that which will meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of children and families for the glory of God.
The ministry is to prayerfully and actively call and lead young people towards trusting Christ, being baptized, and becoming lifelong disciples in accordance with the overall vision of FBC.
and/or …a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
…a yielded life of obedience to Jesus Christ
…a personal sense of calling from God and commitment to children’s and family ministry
…(if married) a spouse who is fully supportive of ministry work
…evidence of the necessary spiritual gifts relevant to children’s ministry
…a commitment to staff teamwork and cooperation
…fruitful, past experience in children’s ministry (which includes positive references)
…an undying passion for fulfilling the Great Commission through missions
…education specific to or specialized in Children/Education and/or Ministry/Bible
• Insure that quality childcare and classes are provided for all services
• Oversee the children’s ministry programs and activities
• Serve as the Children’s Sunday School Director
• Actively recruit and enlist members to regularly serve in children’s
• Insure proper screening of for all volunteers.
• Organize and oversee community outreach events
• Seek to supplement and complement family discipleship efforts, understanding the principal nature of the home as God’s primary means of raising the next generation of disciples
For a complete list please view/download the job description.